Archive for category Do It Yourself
Rose Gold. I have always been a fan of rose-colored gold. I got my first piece of jewelry when I was a teenager and have been collecting it ever since. So, I am especially happy to see designers have begun using this soft beautiful color in their interiors and furniture pieces. Take a look at the latest trends in this Houzz article.
As cooler weather approaches (yea!!!) you can take a few steps to ensure your home serves you well through the coming months. Please take time to check these items in and around your home and attend to any that need maintenance.
* Clean and test smoke alarms. Most recommend replacing every ten years.
* Test and reset ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCI) breakers.
* Change or clean the HVAC filters. We recommend checking monthly or every two weeks if pleated or special dust collecting / allergen filters are used.
* Operate the heating system.
* Adjust registers and confirm that cold air returns are clear of furniture or draperies.
* Adjust or replace weatherstripping on exterior doors as needed.
* Check the fit of exterior doors; thresholds are adjustable–use a quarter to turn the screws.
* Check caulking, inside and out, and touch up. Extremely important for Stucco homes.
* Inspect chimney for nests.
* Review safe fireplace operation. Provide professional cleaning at regular intervals.
* Check garage overhead door, tighten bolts as needed, and lubricate springs with motor oil.
* Clean gutters, check downspouts; confirm that splashblocks drain away from the house.
* Check foundation, concrete, and yard for settling; fill in as needed for positive drainage.
* On pleasant days, open windows to allow house to breathe.
* Decorate safely for the holidays. Do not overload circuits or use worn extension cords.
Plus, be sure to keep up with any termite warranties and have your home inspected (especially if your home has a stucco exterior) on a regular basis for termites and or water intrusion. Also remember to drain your sprinkler system during hard freeze warnings. If you have questions please call our office for information. Enjoy the cooler weather!