Archive for category Hurricane Season and Repairs
Ok, I’m not talking about the drink made famous at Pat O’Brien’s. Although, I have enjoyed one in New Orleans. I’m talking about the type of storm that made the weather channel famous. With Hurricane season here, I thought we could all use a little update on how to get prepared. Florida Peninsula recently sent us a letter with some good information and I’d like to pass it on to all our clients and friends.
Key ways to minimize losses and help you be safe:
- Reinforce your garage door and tracts with center supports. Most wind damage starts with entry through the garage doors.
- Purchase Flood Insurance. Your home insurance policy may not cover damage caused by flood. Check with your agent before there is a storm in the gulf.
- Bring in anything from your yard which could become wind-borne.
- Prepare and be very careful when putting up your storm shutters. Dont hesitate to enlist the help of a professional. Metal shutters can be sharp and very heavy.
- Be especially alert and careful after the storm passes. Downed powers lines, sharp objects and dangerous debris are more likely to hurt you than the storm itself.
For a more detailed list, you can check out Florida Peninsula on the web.
Roessler’s Remodeling Professionals
Take a look at this great information about how to prepare for a storm. Hurricane Preparedness Guide. I am reposting this in light of the newest tropical storm on its way to the gulf coast. Remember to stay informed and stay safe.
Chris W. Roessler, III
Be sure to check out our June Newsletter for all the information you need to
stay safe during Hurricane season.